Wednesday, February 25, 2009

New Quilt

New Project

This is a quilt with the material the husband got me for valentines day. There is this book store in the mall, Deseret Book, and they have the nicest most expensive material I have ever come across. So, I never buy material there, it is way too expensive. Anyway, the husband knows that I don't so my habit does not cost too much money, and he knew how much I loved their material, so he took me there to buy some on V day. So sweet! (He really knows what I like, no jewelry, no chocolates... material!)
On this quilt I learned how to do an applique. It is so cool!!! I love it, and now that I know how to use it, I will do it much more, on everything!
I just love the colors of this package of material, it all came together, sort of in a package deal, and I am actually following some of the suggestions on the pattern.
The flower above is really cute!
Here is a pic of the whole quilt. He also bought the family a really nice digital camera for valentines day, but it has not come yet. You will all have to suffer through my web cam pictures for another week or so. When we get that camera... I wont have to edit all my pictures in photo shop before I post. :)

So, this is just the front of the quilt. I am now working on the back and then will be putting it together. Maybe I will even quilt it before I bind the edges. There you go Ma. hahaha

No comments: