Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hand Quilting

This is a quilt I have been working on for a few months. It is the first quilt I actually used a pattern on. I found a great pattern in this sewing magazine I got, and copied the pattern with some different styled material. This quilt is for my friend Holly, she is having a little girl in a few months. The turquoise material in the middle is my favorite. I also plan to make a little dress with the same material. Anyway... I am hand quilting this blanket! It is all put together with the edges and everything sewn and done... but it is not quilted. I really wanted to find a machine quilter to do it for me, but had no luck finding someone in the area. So, I am hand quilting it myself. It is rather interesting and challenging. I will post a finished picture when I get it done. Let's see how long it takes me!

P.S. Sorry I cannot get the comments working on this blog... I did everything that you are supposed to do to make it work, and it still does not... sorry. You are always welcome to email me. iamjamieb@gmail.com

Jamie

No comments: