Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The Inauguration

Well, at work today we were able to tune into the Inaugural Address. I missed the swearing in, but was able to listen to the speech. I have to be honest that I really have no preference on the president, as I would have equally disliked McCane for President as well as Obama. I admire his persistence to obtain such a high position in government, and life, at such a young age and seemingly unfavorable race (as some think.) But to be quite honest, I enjoyed his speech today. I thought it was very well worded and spoken. If it is true that he writes his own speeches as I have heard I am impressed. I hope his energy carries across into his work. I think presidents get kind of lazy having someone else map out what they are supposed to say. Anyway... against my expectations I liked his speech. I cannot say the same for the poet following him. I don't think I have ever heard a worse poem in my life. I think not only was it written without a consistent thought process, but it was presented in an appalling way. Hope I spelled that right. No feeling, no passion. It was utterly embarasing. I could have faked a better peom and presentation then that. I am awefully uneasy about the times to come, in result of this new leader or not. I just hope he can do more good for our nation then bad. This country was built on the freedom to worship, and specifically acredited to God, it is a shame he does not believe in either of those principles, or so his actions and vibes lead me to believe.
That's all for now. I remain optomistic.

On a lighter note I am so totaly stoked for LOST tomorrow!

Signing off.

No comments: